OUSD Email Setup for Outlook (Mac)
This document will walk you through the steps needed to configured Outlook 2016 (Mac) with any @orangeusd.org email account.
If you have any questions / trouble, please feel free to reach out to help desk at ext. 4357 or email email@example.com
Questions concerning this implementation should be directed to iMan Diaz (x4503)
Outlook 2016 Setup
There are two ways to get Outlook opened – the icon may be kept on the dock (very bottom toolbar) or you may have to direct the user to locate the Outlook icon in the Applications folder.
- Have the user locate the icon on the Dock
- Have them click on it
- Have the user click anywhere on the desktop that's not an icon to get to Finder on the Mac (you can verify this by looking in the top left corner – next to the Apple icon, to the right it should say Finder)
- Have them click on GO > Applications like in the image shown below.
- Once the Applications window is open – have them locate the Outlook icon and double click on it.
Configuring Outlook 2016 with OUSD Exchange Account:
If you are opening Outlook 2016 for the first time you should see the following windows – if you not you can skip down to step G
Have them click Get Started
- Have them click on Sign In
- Have them enter their full @orangeusd.org email address in the provided field and click on Next
- Have them enter their email password in the field that appeared below their email- just like in the image shown below. Then click Sign In
Have them select if they want a colorful or classic theme and click Continue
- Have them click on Start Using Outlook button – you are almost there!
Adding the account – now that Outlook is open have the user click on Tools > Accounts like in the image shown below
- Click on the first option Exchange or Office 365 like in the image shown below.
In the following window enter the information in the following format - then press Add Account:
- Email Address: (their full email address- which includes the @orangeusd.org)
- Method: (leave as User Name and Password)
- Username: (just the first part of the email – don't put the @orangeusd.org part)
- Password: (the users password)
- After you press Add Account – the following field will appear below asking for the Server: enter in mail.orangeusd.org
You Are All Done! Congrats
Added the Signature to Outlook:
- Click On Outlook on the top left of your screen and click Preferences
- Click on the Signatures Icon
- Have the user fill in their desired information for the signature / or have them fill it out. On the left hand side – you have a name for the signature – probably Standard be sure that the New Message and Replied have the name selected for the given signature – so when the user Creates a new message or replies- the right signature is attached.
- You can have the user press the Red dot at the top left corner of the Signature window to close it and return back to Outlook – if they want to exit outlook – have them Click on Outlook on the top left corner and select Quit Outlook or press CMD + Q.